BIM (Building Information Modelling), which Percassi Company has been practicing since 2016, is now one of the most strategic and cutting-edge management and process tools for innovation in the construction sector.
Adopting BIM means industrialising in the phases of the construction process and the entire supply chain.
Defined by the National Institute of Building Science as the “digital representation of the physical and functional characteristics of an object”, BIM includes, within a single model, all the decisive factors of a building process – from architectural, structural, plant engineering and energy design – to the management, planning and sharing of activities and information between all professionals and other players involved, specifically the company, all suppliers and end customers.
In its different “dimensions”, from BIM 3D to BIM 7D, it innovates the design process. Above all, it promotes the life cycle management of the building, creating a virtual, three-dimensional and informational model, that accurately represents what is actually built and that can:
- respond to a high level of design customisation and flexibility;
- enable precise detailed planning and management of the work progress, so the customer can make informed choices:
- encourage cooperation and coordination among the various disciplines and professional figures involved;
- effectively assess and monitor environmental impact;
- schedule the building’s maintenance throughout its life cycle.